Thursday, October 30, 2008

I've Not Posted In A While....

Well, as you can see I haven't posted in about 10 days. They have been an exhausting 10 days. I've not been at the computer much lately at all. We have been working on our addition to our house. It is really looking better!! Thanks to my DH and Butch(my Dad, one of two), my sister's boyfriend Scott and my DH's best friend Dennis. They have helped to get this project back moving again. I am so grateful to all of them. I need to explain about my grocery budget though.....

While having 3 grown extra mouths to feed I have busted my budget unexpectedly! I had wanted to keep the target goal but haven't been able to. I appologize for not doing this. I wish that I had been able to but I didn't see us having 3 grown men for meals. I wanted them to have a nice home cooked meal for all of the help that they have given to us. We really appreciate their help.

I will post pictures later of the work. They have done most of the drywall, moved some electrical, put in the vent fans for the bathrooms, moved some plumbing so that we could create a closet in one room, moved the doorway creating a hallway, done some insulating under the addition w/regular insulation and with the foam boards onto the block foundation to help keep underneath warmer. I know there is more but I can't think of it right now. I have helped insulate around the windows to keep the cold air from coming in and the heating bill sky rocketing! I was cramming those spaces full of insulation. I also helped DH clean up after the drywall mess was coming to an end. We only have the little bathroom and the closet I believe to get done. Oh, and one piece in the kids room needs to be hung. We started this project over 3 1/2 years ago.......we will be so glad when it gets done!

So, I hope that I didn't disappoint you by failing to meet my own challenge. I didn't expect to need to feed 10 people at our meals (5 of which are bigger eaters!) Oh well. I will have to do better for us this month. It's really hard to put a cap on something like this though not knowing what the future holds I know that for sure. We still have plenty of chicken that's for sure.

Hugs to you all. Get out and vote next Tuesday! I am ready and know who I'm voting for.....Do you? If not then give me a call and I'll tell you who to vote for and why!! BIG BIG GRIN!

No comments: