Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Challenge Update!

I went by the store today. I picked up 2 cake mixes and a package of butter cookies for little Missy. She had to go to the Dr. today. She's not feeling well. We were up most of the night. She has an ear infection and coughing so hard it almost makes her get sick to her tummy. So, I was thinking of her birthday which is Sunday and thought I'd better pick up some cake mixes if I'm going to make a cake. Really only needed one but now I'll have an extra.

Anyway, I spent $2.74 on the cake mixes and butter cookies. This leaves $17.55 left for the rest of the month. I still have bread, flour, meats, veggies, tea, sugar, eggs, milk, cereal and juice so we're good to go....I hope! LOL As long as DH doesn't spring anything on me. Then I'm good.

Next month I want to do a challenge with extras. You know toilet paper, shampoo, toothpaste, paper whatever, soaps, dish soaps, detergents, razors, the list goes on and on and on! This kind of stuff really gets my budget too. Actually I think we spend more on the extras than on food. That really stinks! So, I hope to come up w/a figure for next months budget for extras.

Hope you'll take my journey with me next month too. We'll see how that goes too.

No comments: