Monday, November 2, 2009

It's been a while........

I haven't been blogging lately because I have been so busy. We've had the flu in our house......then our oldest son had surgery. He had his tonsils and adnoids removed. They cauterized the turinates and fractured and pushed them back. He was in a lot of pain. I felt so bad for him. He was on a lot of medicine and was just out of it for quite a while. I knew he was hurting just by looking at him. He would look at me and tears would just stream down his face. That was so hard! I couldn't just fix him. I knew that with time he would start to feel better though and that is what I kept thinking about.

I did his rounds of medicines every 3 hours like the Dr. said. I wrote it all down so that we wouldn't get it all mixed up. That really helped. I also wrote down the dosage that I gave him. This way I kept it in my head how much to give him and how much I actually gave him at what time. When I had to return to work and his Mamaw stayed with him she took care of him and gave him his meds.

When we went back for the 2nd check up......day 10 after his surgery he lost 11 lbs. He was kind of surprised to see what he weighed. He now weighs less than his friend that has always been a little stick. I think that tickled him.

Well, I'm off to go to bed.

Hope all is well.

3 comments:

HDMac said...

thinking of you all and keeping you in prayers......

Angie said...

Thanks Marcia. I really appreciate it.

Hugs,
Angie

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that the flu has come to your house and about your son surgery. It's hard to see a loved one sick and it can bring a mom to tears. I know that when my kids are sick I sometimes feel helpless and the only thing I can do is give the medicines the doctor ordered. Hope everyone is doing better.
Geri