Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thinking of others....

I found something that I would like to do.... While surfing on the computer I found somthing and felt like I could and would like to do. I think of my kids and if they had no clothes how I would feel. With 5 kids we have a ton of clothing in our house. Our washer and dryer are always going. That's what made me feel sad.....my family is very blessed to have what we have and we only have it because GOD has allowed us to. So with that said.


I would like to make a couple of these and send. If you sew would you like to send some too? If "sew" then let me know and we can send them off together or not. Just a thought about some little girls that are needing something to wear.

There is also a video on how to make the dress, I had to watch it because I've not made any clothing really. So, this will be a first for me! Now to find some pillowcases!!


Little Dresses For Africa
A non-profit organization providing relief to children of Central Africa
24614 Curtis Dr., Brownstown, MI 48134 • 734.637.9064



4 easy steps to making our little dresses...
Here is the site: http://littledressesforafrica.org/default.asp?pid=101


Following the simple steps below, any size new or gently used pillow case can be quickly turned into a prized possession for a grateful little girl in Africa. Please contact us for information on how your dresses will be distributed. Thank you for your help!



Cut the end of the pillow case top off leaving the hem.


Fold the pillow case in half and cut out the arm holes so they will be the same on each side.


Fold down the top of the strip about 3/8" and stitch. Slide a 6" piece of elastic at the top so that it will be gathered.


Finish the arm holes with double biased tape leaving enough at the ends to tie at the shoulders.

4 comments:

Lana said...

wow...me too...our five have plenty...what a great idea and really cute!
Have a great week Angie!

Tiffany said...

This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Just A Family said...

love this!
We did something like this when I went to get JO.

love,
robin

Together We Save said...

What a wonderful cause!