Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday.....hump day....a little of this and that

Today is hump day. YEAH! What does that mean? Well, it's the middle of the week it's down hill from today. Two more days of school for the kids after today. DH will be home and it will be back to work on our projects.

We've been so busy these past few weekends. Which really doesn't make sense. HA! Both of us have been suffering with our backs but we've been busy little beavers. We got insulation in. Boy does that stuff make it look different in our addition! I'll be so happy to get this project done. We actually started on this addition over 3 1/2 years ago!!! Whew! Time flies!

Our project is our addition that we had added to our house. It consists of our master bedroom, kid's bedroom(whichever child gets it-lol-it's a toss up between the 2 little ones), 1/2 bath and master bath w/hook ups for 2 washers and 2 dryers. We have electric, we have plumbing....still not totally finished, insulation in, tub/shower combination in. When we got our tub in I just had to call my person (my cousin-that's just what we call each other-she's the one I call when I need to tell someone something and she calls me! We're just special like that! LOL!) Anyway, I called her and was so excited!! I've got a tub!! I've got a tub!! She was like OK YOU'VE GOT A TUB! LOL One of those things where you have to be there I suppose.

So, this weekend, Lord willing we will get some drywall and do some drywall. DH thinks that we might be able to do the entire ceiling in the small bedroom with 10 sheets of drywall. I guess we'll see.

Over the weekend we also got our front porch pressure washed and stained. It looks so much better now. You don't realize how dirty something like that is until you go to clean it. Our neighbor even got the notion and pressure washed his too. So, we're cleaning up the neighborhood I guess. lol Need to get the other neighbors involved too!! Better yet, lets get them to round up all of their pets and keep them out of our yard! Since our fence got crushed we've had dogs and cats doing their business in our yard! YUCK!! We don't own a pet and we've got their yucky suprises in our yard. I've not been happy going out and smelling that!

Fall is coming quickly. The leaves are starting to turn so pretty. The weather has really started to cool down. In the mornings it is actually quite chilly. Pretty soon the kids will have their Fall Festival at their school. They really enjoy going to that. The games, the fun of running around with their parents and seeing all of their friends, eating foods that you normally wouldn't eat.

We've already started our Christmas shopping. We know that with 5 kids we have to start early or we'll be frantic come time for Christmas. The kids haven't ask for a whole lot, other than wanting new game systems which I have already veto'd! They have Playstation 2's and I just can't see them getting another game system when they have one. I don't like for them to play those things that much as it is. I want them to still play with the toys that they are asking for. Those games are ok when it's raining out or just every now and then, but not all of the time.

It's going to be different shopping for a little girl for Christmas since we've always bought cars and trucks not babies and Barbies. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited! I've alreayd looked at the different kinds of baby doll out there. She's still a bit too small for them right now but soon she'll be playing with them.

Well, now that I have written about everything under the sun I guess I'll hush up.

Angie

1 comment:

Miriam said...

LOL, I know what you mean about a 3 1/2 yr long project!! I can't wait to get ours done, too!