Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Update on Cory's Quilt.


I wanted to post a picture of one of the blocks for Cory's quilt. I just put the white sashing around the Rail Fence block. I like it. Looks kind of rough in this stage because the white still looks like it hasn't been ironed or maybe it's the way I stitched it. Anyway....the Rail Fence block was about 15 1/2" to 16 " So I think when I put the white sashing on it brought it up to about 22 1/2" to 23". I didn't really measure after finishing it. I want to hurry up and post and go to bed. It's late! :0)

I have another fabric that I am going to go around this with when I get all of the blocks lined out in the white. I have 6 in all and want to make it as large of a quilt for my 9 year old as possible. I really think he is going to like it. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I guess we'll have to wait and see won't we?!

I Love quilting.....don't you?

6 comments:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

This is lovely. Quilting is one thing I'd love to learn, but have never done. Life is so busy right now, so time is short.... but one day I promise myself...
Love, Anne x

Angie said...

Thank you Anne. That is very sweet of you!

Kerrie said...

Love this quilt pattern! Kerrie

Angie said...

Thank you Kerrie. I really like it too. I hope Cory likes it when I get it done. :0)

Tammy said...

I really like this block! Look forward to seeing the finished product!

Angie said...

Thank you Tammy. I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on it but I can't wait to get it done either! I know Cory is anxious too. After it's done I have to move on to make one for one of my other boys. Not sure which one I will work on next.