My dear grandmother is in the hospital so my Mom has been there with her. My Dad has decided to cook the Ham and Turkey and some other things for our meal. I will be making the mashed potatoes, the potato salad, dressed eggs, oreo balls and baked beans. I wanted to share the recipes with you for the beans and the oreo balls just in case you've not tried either. I know there are other recipes out there for both of them. Check and see if the ingredients don't surprise you. ;0)
My All Time Favorite Baked Beans:
2 cans pork n beans (soup can size)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup Coca Cola
1 small onion, diced
2 tsp. dry mustard
2 strips bacon, cut into 1 in. pieces
Mix the beans, brown sugar, catsup, Coca Cola, onion and dry mustard and place in a casserole dish. Dot with the bacon. Bake at 300 for 1-1/2 to 2 hrs.
Easy Peasy Oreo Balls
Photo by Darkhunter
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 12 Balls
About This Recipe"This is pretty much the easiest dessert you can ever make!"
- 18 ounces Oreo Double Stuff cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) chocolate candy bars
- 1/2 cup sugar
- water, if necessary
- Put the Oreos in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the vanilla, chocolate and sugar and pulse until a sand-like consistency is reached.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, mold the Oreo mixture into golf ball sized balls. If the mixture isn't sticky enough, add water until it is.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.