Thursday, May 20, 2010

I've been MIA for a while again....Sorry!

I know I've been out for a bit again. Have some things to update. I am taking a break for a minute just to update.

About a month ago I got the idea to cut out the cable and internet from our home. I know some may gasp! HA!! It has actually been just fine. The kids will miss it this summer but.....I don't want them sitting in front of the television all summer long wasting their time away. We have all been reading more-I love it! DH even commented about not missing it. We do however have about 6 or 7 televisions in our home. We have lots of movies so they will be used but not much. That is ok! I like the little challenge that I gave us. :0) We can get online with DBIL's dial up connection that he has but I don't know how often we'll actually use that. I just don't want my family time to be wasted sitting in front of a box. I'm not at all saying that T.V. is bad-although some of the programs that come on are totally not what I want my 5 children watching-or myself. So, for now we'll continue our journey without the cable. :0)

I am still working full time. Still praying that God will allow me to go back home to be with the children. I miss being there with them daily! I am still staying positive and continuing to pray. So, please help in that prayer if you would. I would so appreciate it.

I try to get in some sewing whenever posible. I am still working on Cory's Red, White and Blue quilt. It will have the rail fences in it. :0) It's coming along. I should really post some pictures as soon as I can~making a mental note of that!! :0)

I am excited that I have gained more followers! That is terrific. Thank you! I will be visiting your blog too. Please feel free to comment any time. I just love comments! :0)

Thanks for checking in and have a positive, creative, beautiful and blessed day! (Wow! The thunder just started! WHEW! That was loud and long-still going!) :0)

My new little motto~~ No matter what is going on in this life, we have to stay positive-someone else may be watching. I want to be positive for those that can't be! Don't you?

HUGS!!

1 comment:

Sandy Panagos said...

Well it is good to see you back. The challenge sounds great. We did that a lot when our children were still at home. Have fun with it!